BACKING UP YOUR COMPUTER AND WHICH METHOD TO USE!!!
This blog post was written by Meghan Callis. She is a student from McDaniel College in the Writing for Main Street class gaining experience with local small businesses.
Backing up computer files is extremely important for anyone with a computer. At any moment, something could happen to your files from computer crashes, theft, virus infection, hard-drive failure, liquid damage, and other computer damage. This means you could lose all personal photos, business documents, and other important files. Even if you have anti-virus installed and currently have a healthy hard drive, that does not mean your data is safe. While backing up your data to the cloud is the preferred method, even backing up to an external hard drive is much better than nothing. Backing up stores all of your files into a safe place. There are basically two types of computer back-up systems that Tomlin Technology offers: IDrive and Managed Online Backup.
- Used more for personal, on-a-budget storage backup.
- It can back up multiple devices, such as your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Will back up your Facebook, Instagram, and certain office 365 storage platforms.
- Mainly for windows and mac computers.
Managed Online Back-Up
- Higher form of backup most used for businesses.
- Shorter down time if computer fails compared to IDrive.
- One day recovery process opposed to a five day recovery process if IDrive is used.
- Can save you from having to reinstall windows, programs, and printers.
- Can essentially build your computer back up verbatim, (from scratch).
- Dashboard that shows the status of the backups to the technicians at Tomlin Technology in one easy-to-see viewing format, which also helps detect issues quicker.
Thanks for reading!
Looking for computer repair for your home or IT Support for your business near you in Westminster, MD or surrounding cities of Eldersburg, Hampstead, Manchester, Mount Airy, New Windsor, Sykesville, Taneytown or Union Bridge? If so, consider Tomlin Technology’s premier computer services. We also offer nationwide, USA based remote support to fix your computer over the internet!